Title VI Nutrition Services are foundered by Federal Grants for Otoe-Missouria Seniors to be eligible for next funding there are rules and regulations we must adhere to:
As a meal recipient, you have the RIGHT to:
- Receive service without discrimination and be treated with consideration, respect and recognition of your dignity and individuality by program staff and volunteers.
- Meals are available to eligible participants without regard to income, race, religion, sex or handicap.
- Know that any personal information you share with program staff will be kept strictly confidential.
- Receive a variety of quality nutrition meals.
- Receive all services available from Title VI Nutrition Program which you are eligible for including all available information on referrals to other community services.
- Express opinions, complaints or suggestions regarding program services.
- You are presently eligible for Title VI Nutrition Services; however, annual re-evaluation will be necessary for continuing services and funding. Participants are required annually to refill a Senior intake form. Please report any changes in your health, living situation, address, phone number or emergency contacts to the client services staff at the Otoe-Missouria Senior Citizen Center (580) 723-4466- ext. 289.
- To be eligible for home delivered meals you must provide a doctor’s referral stating that you suffer from a medical condition which prevents you from leaving home and for how long.
- Transportation services will be available to pick-up Elders and bring them to the center. Pick-up will begin at 9:00 a.m. Returning Elders to their homes will be at 1:30 p.m. In the event that we are hosting a special event or activity, returns will begin immediately following any events or activities. All other transportation requirements will be addressed on an as needed basis. See transportation schedule for definition of services.
- You must be home to accept your meals. If you will not be home for the meal delivery, you must call us at (580) 723-4466 ext. 289 or 195. You can call to cancel your meals up to 9:00 a.m. the day of delivery.
- WE CANNOT LEAVE MEALS unless you are at home to receive them. We are NOT permitted to leave meals in a hallway, outside a door, or in a cooler. If meals are returned for 2 consecutive days, the program will hold the meal delivery until participant calls to require the re-delivery of their meals.
- Title VI Nutrition Program complies with all health, sanitary and food safety regulations. However, once you or other responsible party has accepted the correct meals, you assume the responsibility for proper food handling and storage. Our obligation has been discharged.